Friday, June 19, 2009

Classy until the End!



NPR did this story about an amazing woman who like many other heroes in this world only receives the gratitude and attention she deserves after passing away.

Classy Morant, died recently at 104, after nursing both her younger siblings through to the end of their lives: she had promised never to put them in a nursing home, and she didn't. As she put it to NPR, "I made a promise to the Lord...If he give me the health, the strength, the life to do for them, take care of them, keep them from going in a home, I would do it. And as long as he give it to me, I will give it to them."

More @ Link - http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=105560988&ft=1&f=1001

In times of global turmoil, when pain and suffering seem to outweigh good, it's often small acts of strength and kindness that we need to be reminded of.

No comments:

Post a Comment